Terms, Policies & Procedures (As stated in Service Agreement)
- Security Systems – If a security system is used during your absence, we will need access to a code in order to get in and care for your pets.
- Inclement Weather – Please provide the name of a person living nearby in case of ice or snow. SIHPC will do everything within its power to attend to your pet. If it is physically impossible for us to reach your pet, we will reach out to the contact name you give us to insure your pet is taken care of until we can get out to see them again.
- Coming Home Early – Please remember to notify us if you come home early from a trip or get an earlier flight. Otherwise, we will be forced to charge for the scheduled visit. We prefer a phone call 6 hours ahead of time.
- Securing Pets – SIHPC will not be responsible for pets left outdoors in the event of injury, loss or death. We suggest a form of permanent identification on your pet and we suggest that they remain inside the home/apartment/townhome etc. during your absence for their own safety.
- Privacy – SIHPC has a strict policy of keeping all customer information confidential. We will not share any information, obtained as part of service for your pets, to any third party without prior written consent by you the customer.
- SIHPC is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this contract. Both Pet Sitter and Client recognize that the welfare of the animal is the highest priority. If in Pet Sitter’s/SIHPC judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, Pet Sitter/SIHPC will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client. If Client cannot be contacted for whatever reason, Pet Sitter/SIHPC is authorized to undertake such additional steps as may in the reasonable judgment of the Pet Sitter/SIHPC be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal, including but not limited to (a) additional visits by Pet Sitter to provide care for the animal; (b) consultation with Client’s Veterinarian listed above, or with an emergency veterinary care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable; (c) authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian or an emergency veterinary care provider (excluding euthanasia) up to a maximum cost of $500; and (d) such other steps as may in the reasonable judgment of Pet Sitter/SIHPC be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal. Client agrees to be responsible for all fees and expenses incurred for care and treatment of the animal pursuant to this paragraph, and releases and holds Pet Sitter/SIHPC harmless from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Pet Sitter/SIHPC for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to animal’s needs or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies needed. A minimum (per incident) cleaning fee of $25.00 will be charged if a SIHPC deems it necessary to clean-up any form of animal waste or any damages caused by Client’s pets/animals to Clients property.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, Pet Sitter/SIHPC is entrusted to use best judgment in caring for pet(s) and home. Pet Sitter/SIHPC will be held harmless for consequences related to such decisions. Client agrees that SIHPC is not liable for any damages to Home/Property and/or Animal, due to any Private Boarding of clients’ pet(s) in the domicile of a SIHPC Pet Sitter.
- PET SITTER/SIHPC agrees to provide the services stated in this contract in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, CLIENT EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELINQUISHES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SIHPC ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY. SHOULD PET SITTER OR ANY AUTHORIZED PERSON ACCOMPANYING PET SITTER SUSTAIN ANY INJURY, DISEASE OR OTHER HARM IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING SERVICES HEREUNDER, CLIENT WILL INDEMNIFY PET SITTER/SIHPC AND HOLD IT HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ALL LOSS, EXPENSE AND DAMAGE CAUSED THEREBY, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/SIHPC.
- Client acknowledges that payment is due in advance or immediately upon confirmation of a scheduled service period without further invoice or notice. Billing is set for each Monday, otherwise. A finance charge of 10% per month will be added to unpaid balances after 10 days. The client agrees that a handling fee of $35 will be charged by SIHPC on all returned checks. An advance deposit may be required whenever warranted in the sole judgment of SIHPC. In the event it is necessary by SIHPC to initiate collection proceedings on the account/Client, Client will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection. Client understands that the return of the agreement, whether faxed or hand delivered, confirms reservation for service. Client acknowledges and agrees that full payment of service is required for any cancellation of service 24 hrs prior to pet sitting/care. Client understands that a $15 fee will be charged for any services that are cancelled within 7 days, prior to the scheduled start date of services. Client also understands that a $25 fee will be charged for any services that are cancelled within 24 hours, prior to the scheduled start date of services. Client further acknowledges by signing the agreement SIHPC may charge any/all future payment or O/S balance (plus 3% admin fee) on client’s credit card at any time. A Credit Card must be on file prior to exchanging information about SIHPC Sitters. Once provided, the sitter will reach out and set up an initial (complimentary) Meet-N-Greet. Any additional Meet-N-Greet/, requested by the client, will be charged $10 per trip. If the company (SIHPC), suspects, in any form or fashion, that the client has attempted to hire and/or use said Pet Sitter directly (without paying SIHPC), then client agrees buy signing this agreement they are subject to be charged for the agreed rate/total service billing. Client agrees and understands that any and all legal, court and administrative fee’s incurred by SIHPC will be paid in full by the client.
- In the event of personal emergency or illness of any Pet Sitter, Client authorizes SIHPC to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this contract. In such case, SIHPC will remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
- All pets are to be currently vaccinated by Client prior to care by SIHPC Sitter, and Vet must be notified of our services.
- SIHPC will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. SIHPC will not terminate during a period of scheduled service unless Pet Sitter determines, in his/her sole discretion that a danger exists to the health or safety of Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude SIHPC from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges there from to be charged to Client. Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
- Client acknowledges that he/she will be providing written approval for the provision of services by SIHPC during any service period scheduled by Client and accepted by Pet Sitter. Upon such scheduling and acceptance, SIHPC will be authorized to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorization.
- Locksmith Clause: In the event that pet sitter is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into Client’s premises due to a malfunction of the lock or a failure of the Client to leave a key, it shall be the responsibility of the Client to reimburse for all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives Pet Sitter the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of the aforementioned occurrences.